Chocolate health balls
I have tried some chocolate health ball recipes, and found that they were not, well, chocolate enough. So I tried to up the ante a little. These are perfect paired with some fresh strawberries.
- Roasted Almonds – 115g
- Medjool dates – 4 deseeded
- Skim milk powder – 2 Tablespoons
- Desiccated coconut – 3 Tablespoons ( plus an extra s for dusting later)
- Coco powder – 3 Tablespoons ( plus an extra 1 for dusting)
- Instant coffee powder, anti-oxidant rich preferably – 2 Teaspoons
- Cacoa nibs – 2 Tablespoons
- Rice malt syrup – 3 Tablespoons
- Chia seeds – ½ Tablespoon
- Maple syrup – 1 Tablespoon
Mix together all ingredients in a blender until fully and evenly combined.
Once this has happened, take tablespoons sized pieces and roll into balls.
Then take you extra tablespoons of coconut and coco powder, mix together, sprinkle evenly over a bowl and place in a bowl. Take each of your chocolate balls and roll in the mixture so they are evenly covered and not sticky.