I was inspired to make this after I nearly bought a prepared frozen version from the grocery store, they almost got my money, but I said HA, I can make this cheaper and better. It doesn’t look pretty, but give it a go, it makes a great side dish or main for vegetarians.
– 215g chopped Broccoli, include the stalk
– 285g chopped Cauliflower, include the stalk
– 60g mixed shredded cheese, or use your favourite
– 150ml tinned reduced fat cream
– 50ml milk + 50ml water OR
– 100ml Skim milk
– salt and pepper to taste
– Cheese to sprinkle ontop
Mix all ingredients except milk and water in a bowl. Then put into an oven bake proof dish, poor over your milk/water and cover with extra cheese, then place in oven with foil covering it so it does not burn for about 20-30 minutes at 180C or until veggies are soft enough to eat, then remove foil for 3-5 minutes to let cheese slightly brown.