This is a comforting healthy recipe. Perfect on a cold winters morning. The skim milk is healthier than full cream milk and is also sweeter which compliments the cinnamon when cooked. The oats also have their own natural creamy milk when cooked.
Not only is this a delicious recipe, but it is healthy for you and can be stored in your pantry ready to go or taken to work as it can be cooked in a matter of minutes in a microwave. All you need to do is add water.
– Large bowl to mix ingredients in
– Measuring spoons
– Measuring Cup for flours and solids ( not liquids)
– Spoon to mix ingredients in
– Beautiful Jar to contain your mixture
– 2 Cinnamon Sticks, each broken in half (you should have a total of 4 pieces)
– 1 .5 cups microwavable oats
– 1/4 Cup raw wheat germ
– 2 Tablespoons wheat bran
– 3/4 cup powdered skim milk
– 1 Tablespoon Cinnamon
1. In mixing bowl add oats, wheat germ, wheat bran and mix together.
2. Add skim milk powder and cinnamon to bowl and mix together.
3. Start adding spoonfuls into your jar, occasionally adding you broken cinnamon sticks so that they are evenly sitting throughout your mixture.
To cook all you have to do is put your desired amount of mixture into a bowl, add enough water in relation to the mixture and whack in the microwave, stirring roughly every 30 seconds.